On June 16th 2013 I rented BioShock Infinite.The case contained no game, it was empty.

I immediately called the number on the case to let them know about this and they sorted things out and finally apologized and gave me 2 free promo codes. They told me to simply return the case back to the box and that was all. So I went to the same box and returned the game. I recently pre ordered a game and all the money I put on my account for that game went to redbox and my pre ordered got cancelled.

Costumer Service wasn't helpful at all, I even talked to one of the supervisors and he was a complete ***.They couldn't prove I talked to someone there so they said they could only refund $15

Review about: Redbox Account.

Had an Experience with Redbox?

Comments

Sacramento, California, United States #720770

I am hoping and praying this does not happen to me.Yesterday (Sept.

22) I tried to use Redbox for the first time to rent GTA V. The case popped out of the machine and low and behold no disc in it but rather a very poorly printed black and white copy of the disc, not even cut out in a circle to fit in the case, but torn around the edges and stuffed in. I immediately called Redbox who was curious as they were asking me about a barcode which should have been on the copy of the disc, that the machine would not have allowed the disc to be returned unless it had this bar code. Well what I got had nothing that I could see.

Their customer service rep was very helpful in guiding me through the process of getting the kiosk to return the case with the photocopy of the disc which they said would be marked for removal so it wouldn't be re-rented out. They then emailed me codes for two free rentals as well. Honestly though, I am not thinking I will try to use Redbox again, at least until I am certain that the rental fee I was charged is reversed, and that I don't get charged for the full price of the game. Will be monitoring my account very closely in the coming days to ensure there are no surprises.

Ultimately I know this is not Redbox's fault, but rather some punk kids most likely trying to scam the system and get a free game. What I don't understand is don't they realize they are going to get busted? That is unless they used a stolen credit card, but even if...

In looking this up it seems to be a popular scam that gets pulled on a lot of Redbox's game rentals.

Perhaps it would be in their best interest to stick to movie rentals only if there is no foolproof way to keep the games secured.

Redboxcare

Sorry to hear of the trouble with your rental and billing! If you shoot an email to redboxcare@redbox.com, we'll help you out right away.

misscus
to Redboxcare Phoenix, Arizona, United States #799513

Sorry Redbox.I don't believe you, all I've seen is lies and more lies, I carry my bank statement with me in my purse, and every single time I pass by the Redbox Kiosk at Walgreens in Mesa, AZ,(or anywhere else I'm ready!) and if people are at the Kiosk, I go right up to them and I pull out my enlarged easier to read and is highlighted bank statement, show them the charges for $79.00 to prove it, and I tell them what happened to me and how I was charged $79 for 2 movies I returned on time!!

YOU KNOW WHAT REDBOX???

8 OUT OF 10 POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS STANDING AT THE KIOSK WILL TURN AND WALK AWAY!!! WHY??? BECAUSE I SHOWED THEM PROOF OF WHAT REDBOX DID TO ME!!! Yes, I am soooo convincing too.

It is my goal, as an educated person, to show people the truth. REDBOX WILL RIP YOU OFF. And no one that I've talked to AT THE KIOSK wants their bank account ripped off like that. I also advise them to not use a debit card, but a credit card, since with most credit cards you can dispute a charge.

I stupidly used a debit card. NOT A GOOD BUSINESS PRACTICE REDBOX!!!

When this happened, 3 years ago, I called your customer service several times until I finally got to talk to a person! What a JOKE! All 3 of your customer service persons that I talked to was incredibly rude and all 3 reps basically said tough!

Too bad! We're still charging you, and no we can't and won't reverse the charge and we don't follow up to see if those particular dvds DID...

IT'S BECOME FUN TO DO 3 OR 4 TIMES A WEEK.

IT JUST TAKES 3-4 MINUTES TO CONVINCE YOUR POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS WHAT REDBOX WILL DO TO THEIR BANK ACCOUNT.

They don't like the thought, so they walk away.....MY MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

I'M THE ANTI-REDBOX NINJA!!! AND I'M GOOD AT IT TOO!!

ON MY REFRIGERATOR, I KEEP A PAPER, AND EVERYTIME I GET A CUSTOMER TO WALK AWAY FROM A KIOSK, I COME HOME SMILING AND GO MAKE MY MARK ON THE PAPER. IN 3 YEARS, I HAVE 137 MARKS, WHERE CUSTOMERS JUST WALKED AWAY. OH, I LOVE THIS. AND IT'S ALL TRUE AND I HAVE THE PROOF, AND REDBOX CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

There is NO FOLLOWUP.

And Redbox DOES NOT CARE.THEY RIP OFF PEOPLE'S BANK ACCOUNTS LIKE MAD!!http://www.pissedconsumer.com/reviews-by-company/redbox/wrongfully-charged-for-a-game-in-full-price-20130830444080.html#