1.1K views

First of all I dont even have a televison and have no need to rent DVDs. On August 5th 2011 my debit card was charged 52.30 by their company.

I called my bank and told them about the theft. They told me it will take 30-45 days for them to do a refund and recomended I call Redbox. I called Redbox customer service and the individual I talked to said they do not issue refunds.

I asked if they have a legal department. She said yes, I asked to speak to them and was told they are not allowed to give out the number.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 12, 2011.

Comments

my bank would of refunded the money in that situation 45 days or not the money is still returned i found this complaint while googling redbox wont take my card.........

I had a fraud incident happen to me a while back and I know from experience that once I reported it to my bank they took over it and Redbox was no longer involved. The bank did an investigation and found out this was indeed a true fraud and refunded my money.

Someone would have to swipe a credit card at a Redbox kiosk in order to rent. Once Fraud is reported to the bank, Redbox doesn't have anything to do with it anymore, the bank then does an investigation and if they find the customer is not liable for the charges then the bank is the one who refunds the charges to the customer.

to Ava #1365525

That's not true! They have a new system where they manually enter card numbers because our card was charged and they never had it and it was never swiped.

What would the point be of refunding a credit card that is/will be closed by your bank for fraud?? I'd be more worried about what other charges are on your account. Im sorry to hear that this has happened, but you can't blame a company for someone else using your card