1.6
Ease of Use

I got a text message that said "download any new movie on the redbox app for .99 cents. So I tried, on multiple levels, android, chrome, roku, and guess what, nothing worked.

I called and was on hold for 14 minutes, now I'm waiting on an online chat rep for about 35 minutes. I went from 8th in line to 9th and then back to 8th (side note how does that happen?? If you are waiting in line at the bank and you are 3rd in line, then someone cuts in front of you, that is how you become 4th in line, so what happened? Redbox deemed someone else's problem more important than mine?) and now I'm still waiting.

They keep apologizing but that doesn't mean anything when the code is up in 24 minutes. If they do not honor this code, plus the time I had to keep waiting I will post another complaint. This company went to on demand services with a beta app and they need to honor the codes they sent out to customers. Especially customers like me that accidentally kept dvds and got charged WAY more than they are worth.

Trust me when I say that I am not happy. Then finally I get a rep named Jose on the phone. He says that for sure Redbox will honor the code tomorrow and will compensate me for the time I had to put into this headache. So fast forward to tomorrow, I wait online for a rep for about 5 minutes.

Donna tells me that she can do nothing online, and that now I have to call Redbox AGAIN because online chat reps can't do anything when it comes to the on demand services. So what they are saying is that I have to now wait god knows how long on the phone AGAIN and (fingers crossed) hope that Jose did what he said he was going to do. The Redbox app is a joke as well. I got 3 separate emails saying "download our app and spin the wheel to win prizes" so I downloaded it, did a few tasks and guess what, you can't find the stupid wheel ANYWHERE.

It's not on any tab, category, headline, anything. I spent 20 minutes just trying to find the stupid wheel. This company is a joke and trying to get someone to help you is the punchline. They just lost my business forever.

Google Play has an app, sends me codes that work and has amazing customer services.

Same with my cable company Xfinity. Why would I waste another 20 minutes on the phone with another rep for nothing??

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Codes they send customers do not work, Customer service passes off the problem to someone else, No help at all from customer service.

• Redbox Codes Do Not Work
  • Redbox On Demand Is Terrible
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 05.

Comments

I was just charged 4x for 3 DVDs. I've tried calling but I wait on hold forever it seems.

I think people saying its not worth the energy are wrong for the simple fact of right and wrong. Why should I pay for something I didn't use? I paid the price for the 1 day rental and returned the movies before 9 the next day. I shouldnt be charged for the late fees if I was in fact NOT LATE.

Telling them it's fine and ignoring them is just confirming that it's fine to take people's money because it's a small amount. No big deal.

Its theft none the less. I will give up on hold, but I wont be using redbox anytime soon.

You endured a waste of time and energy like that for $10 ? I've got a whole bunch of jobs I'd like to subcontract for that rate. I'm not sure I see how you can even claim $10 ; the last time I went to Redbox the maximum charge was $2.

FineMantaRay
to Anonymous #1533369

It was what I thought of based off of the time I was on hold (about an hour and a half) so I wasn't looking for a payday, I just wanted people to know that this company doesn't care about their customers. I only said $10 because if I put up an extraordinary amount of money I was worried I wouldn't be taken seriously.

But you are right, the amount of time and energy wasted is worth more than that.

Maybe I should change it. What are your thoughts on it?