3.2

Additionally your rental starts the moment you reserve online, not when you go pick it up. I reserved a movie on Friday, April 6th and the webpage said I had until 9PM on the 8th to pick it up.

Picked it up on the afternoon of the 9th and returned it in the morning of the 10th. Redbox charged me for an extra day. When I tried to call the corporate office at 10:45 AM CST on Monday morning all you can get is a recording that says they are only open from 8 to 5 CST weekdays. Last I knew 10:45 AM on Monday is within that time-frame.

I question if this is a real company.

As an aside, Coinstar, the mother company, won't give you anything but a recording either. Not real companys just fronts.

Product or Service Mentioned: Redbox Movie Dvd Rental.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Fix the website so it doesn't mislead the customer.

I didn't like: Website lies to customer, Csr barely understood english.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 09.

Comments

Hey this is what you the consumer wanted!! You didn’t like walking into a video store.

You didn’t like to pay your late fees. You did t want any human interaction. Now when the other shoe drops from your snap choice of no human interaction you want to talk to a human being. I sit back and LAUGH each and every time I see a Redbox post.

You people did this all to yourself. You killed a industry and destroyed jobs, lives, and families all because you wanted your way. Well you got your way and THIS is the cost. Movies that don’t play, games scratched all to *** weird charges on your card.

All because you got tired of being asked if you would like some pop corn. SMH!!!

BleakPika
to Durpa #1460344

who said anything about no human interaction? a real company answers the phone within stated hours - you're obviously a clown.

to BleakPika #1460380

Perhaps you missed where they listed it as part of the other shoe dropping due to automation and consumer demands for less time spent interacting with another human being. Personally I miss my local video store.

If I couldn’t find anything to watch the employees would always have a suggestion or two. It is true that you were asked to pay your late fees but bringing in movies late means a extra charge. I miss when a manager would waive any late fees or give out free rentals. All the perks of having a local video store really.

I cannot stand what all of us did. We all saw a nice shiney toy and played with it and forgot about the old toy. Now that old toy is gone forever.

I think the other shoe dropping is immensely sad to be honest. I really wish they would bring back video stores.