Redbox - Charged me for 2 movies I returned--$79.00

Update added by user Oct 31, 2013

*** means Bullshot ***

Update added by user Oct 31, 2013

UPDATE: I also tried to dispute the charges through my credit union (issuer of my debit card).Their suggestion was to contact Redbox Corporate.

I did, and was told "I'll pass this information on to my manager." Two weeks have passed, and no phonecall or email from Redbox.

I see I have TWO *** clicks.FYI, my Redbox experience is NOT ***.

Original review posted by user Sep 26, 2013

A couple years ago, we were renting movies from Redbox at a Walgreen's Drug Store kiosk in Mesa AZ.I ALWAYS return my movies promptly.

I am above 60 and quite responsible. Machine said successfully returned. About a month later, Redbox charged my debit card $79.00 and weeks later, I got a nastygram saying it was for 2 unreturned DVD movies. I tried calling the corporate office.

NO customer service person to talk to. I tried emailing them. I was never able to do anything toward getting a refund. And I KNOW I returned the 2 movies.

I felt cheated and bruised.

I have never went to Redbox again.I love me a Netflix and Amazon Prime and my ROKU box anyday over a DVD Redbox rental!!

117b4d49 review #449528
3 0 Helpful?
Had the same issue0 Comments2
Had an experience with Redbox?  Submit review about this company
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan
Dfwguy

Mar 16, 2014 Dallas, Texas

I had the same thing happen to me. Rented 2 movies on a Saturday evening. Returned then Sunday (the next day) around lunch time. About 3 or 4 weeks later I get a $74.69 charge from them on my card. Customer service pretty much just called me a liar. I'm not letting and have an attorney friend helping me. At this point I dont care what it costs it's about the principle of it. They will regret stealing from me

0 0 Reply
PhyAnne

Mar 26, 2014 Mesa, Arizona

I can relate. I'm wishing you good luck I hope you win the case but dont spent too much of your money. ,)

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.