Redbox - Charged me for 2 movies I returned--$79.00

Update added by user Oct 31, 2013

*** means Bullshot ***

Update added by user Oct 31, 2013

UPDATE: I also tried to dispute the charges through my credit union (issuer of my debit card).Their suggestion was to contact Redbox Corporate.

I did, and was told "I'll pass this information on to my manager." Two weeks have passed, and no phonecall or email from Redbox.

I see I have TWO *** clicks.FYI, my Redbox experience is NOT ***.

Original review posted by user Sep 26, 2013

A couple years ago, we were renting movies from Redbox at a Walgreen's Drug Store kiosk in Mesa AZ.I ALWAYS return my movies promptly.

I am above 60 and quite responsible. Machine said successfully returned. About a month later, Redbox charged my debit card $79.00 and weeks later, I got a nastygram saying it was for 2 unreturned DVD movies. I tried calling the corporate office.

NO customer service person to talk to. I tried emailing them. I was never able to do anything toward getting a refund. And I KNOW I returned the 2 movies.

I felt cheated and bruised.

I have never went to Redbox again.I love me a Netflix and Amazon Prime and my ROKU box anyday over a DVD Redbox rental!!

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 3 No 3
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 16, 2014 #795609 Dallas, Texas

I had the same thing happen to me. Rented 2 movies on a Saturday evening. Returned then Sunday (the next day) around lunch time. About 3 or 4 weeks later I get a $74.69 charge from them on my card. Customer service pretty much just called me a liar. I'm not letting and have an attorney friend helping me. At this point I dont care what it costs it's about the principle of it. They will regret stealing from me

0 0 Reply

Mar 26, 2014 #798889 Mesa, Arizona

I can relate. I'm wishing you good luck I hope you win the case but dont spent too much of your money. ,)

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.